Survival Tactics: Navigating Competitive, Creative IndustriesPanel Thu 7 Mar 2019, 16:00
The Deck at the Innovation Centre
University of Exeter, Rennes Drive
Exeter EX4 4RN
- Free - advance booking essential
Creative Entrepreneurship Panel Series: 4 hosted by Student Start-ups, University of Exeter
The world is rapidly changing. Never before in our history has there been such a time of unprecedented change. The pace of change is accelerating exponentially. Innovation and disruption are the norm. The impacts of automation, globalisation and the Internet are changing the nature of work. Industries have been transformed and have had to adapt to new ways of working. Creative industries such as the music industry, film industry and writing/ publishing have seen huge changes.
Continuous learning is becoming the norm. in the form of
inquiry-based learning experiences that go beyond the classroom. It is
essential that we are flexible and adaptive in a competitive environment and
can predict future scenarios.
The competitive nature of the creative industry shows the necessity of providing something more than an experience and authenticity is imperative. There is a need to be able to foresee potential problems to move ahead and anticipate the trends of the future.
Even in other industries there is a push for businesses to stay ahead and think creatively, instigating many more collaborations with artists which allow firms to intercept and interpret emerging cultural phenomena and build communities of people who share similar visions and values.
Questions being addressed in this panel include:
- What do we need to stay ahead in competitive creative industries?
- How to we make our mark in these industries when starting up a new business?
- How can we find mentors and collaborators to help us on our journey?
- What creative spaces do we need to be part of?
- How do we adapt to moving trends and markets but stay true to our own voice?
- What skills are essential?
- How do you tell your story in a unique way to get noticed within a competitive market?
- How do you attract the best talent for your team?
This event is free and all are welcome. Advance booking essential.
For more information about this free event and to book your ticket, click here.
STUDENT START-UPS focuses on identifying and fostering the startup ambitions of University of Exeter Students; giving them the chance to develop enterprise and employability skills which all business need as well the opportunity to start their own business. The programme provides training, guidance and support, as well as being able to offer funding opportunities to promote and enable entrepreneurship in Exeter.